Dobby’s Frontier Town, 320 E. 25th St., is a historic village with buildings from the 1890s through Prohibition. Kenneth “Dobby” Lee lamented the decay of early frontier buildings, so he began hauling them to his Alliance home to save them. His passion for preserving the past fueled his work. The buildings include a general store and meat market, a mortuary, a log cabin built by the area’s first black homesteader, an early gas station, a replica 1880s post office, a saloon, an 1889 one-room school and a cobbler’s shop. Dobby’s 26 buildings bring the American frontier to life for visitors from around the world. (308) 762-4321.
For more Alliance information, contact Alliance Visitors Bureau at (877) 269-8776 or the Alliance Chamber of Commerce at (800) 738-0648 or visit www.VisitAlliance.com.